Check your Home Page and if you see a banner saying "Someone tried to login to your account," that means your account has been phished and you need to change your password. If your account is phished you cannot post a comment or send friend requests.
How did my account get Phished?
You may have entered your user name and password into a fake login page or given your user name and password to a third-party web site.
To unlock your account?
- Go to your Home Page by clicking Home on the top navigation bar
- Select Change your Password from the banner message
- Enter the fields correctly along with the captcha and choose Save Changes
Notes & Tips
- Make sure that whenever you're entering your login information, that you are always on www.myspace.com and not a potential phishing page
- Changing your password via another method will not unlock your account; you will need to follow the steps listed above