Your stats page provides comprehensive statistics to help you learn more about your fans and their activity on your profile. The free tool is available to all Myspace musician profile-types, at all times. The 'at a glance module' on your stats page represents the active stats on the site and updates in real time. All other modules stats requires day or two to process. Keep in mind, only you can view your own stats as the page isn't built for distribution.
To locate your stats page, click on Artist (in the top navigation bar) and click Stats, or visit the following http://www.myspace.com/stats/fans/admin (while logged in).
- Add YouTube, Facebook, or Twitter to your stats
- Export your stats to a worksheet
- See a map of all your fans
- View Fan demographics
- Differences between Fans & Views
- What the letters on your stats mean
- Recommended Actions
- Receive weekly status email
Add YouTube, Facebook, or Twitter to My Stats
- Click on Settings (on the left side), then enter in your YouTube URL, Facebook Page ID, or Twitter Screen Name under Account Set-Up.
- This will allow you to pull in your stats for Views, Plays, and Fans.
- Click on Export Data at the top right of the My Stats page. This will download a CSV file for which you will need Excel or a similar program to open and view.
- Go to the Fans section on the left side panel then click on the dropdown menu next to Myspace Fans and select Geo Map.
- This will allow you to see where in the U.S. and world your fans are mostly located which can be important for planning tours or where to focus your efforts.
- Go to the Fans section on the left side panel then click on the dropdown menu next to Myspace Fans and select Demographics.
- This will allow you to see the age and gender makeup of your fans.
Difference between Fans and Views
- Fans are the Myspace users who have specifically added you as a friend on their Myspace profile.
- Views represent users who viewed your Myspace artist profile (including any of your sub photo, blog, video pages); they may or may not be registered Myspace users.
- We analyze your activities to recommend to you the next step you should take to optimize your fan interactions. Recommended Actions show up in the blue box on the left sidebar of your My Stats page.
- These actions can tell you what to do after you have posted a new song or forgotten to sync certain accounts such as YouTube.
- The letters represent activities you have done at different times. By correlating what actions have the biggest effect on your Plays or Fan counts you can understand where you should be focusing your efforts.
Weekly Status Email for Artist Stats
Myspace sends you a weekly email showing you your current stats so that you can stay up to date with how your music and fan base is doing.
- When on your stats page, go to Settings and check the box under Weekly Status Email to start receiving this email
- When on your stats page, go to Settings and uncheck the box under Weekly Status Email to stop receiving this email